Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Matchstick Message #50: SMS Text Me At My Gmail!!


fromTara Raffi
toStudent Information Requests
dateWed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM
subjectMatchstick Message #50: SMS Text Me At My Gmail!!




Dear RIM,





I'm not sure if this needs any explanation, but let's go through it anyway:


1. Is it possible to SMS Text an email address?

2. Does ilove@gmail.com qualify as a "number"?


I think the answer to both of these questions is obviously not.



So not only is it ridiculous, after you have gone into your SMS and MMS inbox in order to TEXT somebody, for an email address to appear as an option, but it is troublesome for two additional reasons:


1. It takes an extra, unnecessary, step to select the phone number option.

2. The email address comes first!! This means I run the risk of accidentally pressing it without realizing, and if I do realize, I have to expend all the mental energy to move down. Unacceptable.


People will go to their email folder if they want to compose an email. Leave the SMS folder alone.



Sincerely,



Tara Raffi

Location Enthusiast


--

2 comments:

  1. Hold up. You actually KNOW the person who's e-mail address is ilove@gmail.com? That's awesome. I don't think I could have picked that e-mail address. Too much pressure to live up to being as cool as it is.

    Awesome background btw. I wonder what's in that totally out-of-place metal box in the almost empty room... the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually, I made it up. So I guess that means I picked it. And yeah, super cool.

    I think the "metal box" is appropriately related to the theme of the blog because soon the BlackBerry may be outdated as that thing. And the BlackBerry is way smaller, so fewer possibilities to put things in it...bad for the resale value

    ReplyDelete