Thursday, April 7, 2011

Matchstick Message #41:Calendar Functionality... It's About Time

fromTara Raffi
toStudent Information Requests
dateThu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:55 AM
subjectMatchstick Message #41: Calendar Functionality... It's About Time



Dear RIM,


The Calendar is one of the main "superior functionalities" of the BlackBerry. I know nothing about this actually, because it doesn't sync with my iCal, so I don't use it. But anyway, there is one very basic function that it is missing for all of us lowly non-enterprise users: remembering the last view setting that we used before we closed the application.


Quite simply, if I have no personal information in my calendar, I don't ever care to see the calendar in day view. I know what order the hours go in. What is more useful to me, and others of my consumer segment, is seeing what day of the week April 18th will fall on, or what is the date of three Saturdays from now. You can't see this in day view, and must switch to month view.


In fact, every single time I have gone into my BlackBerry Calendar in the past 4 years, I have had to go to Menu and View Month. I'm not saying that the default should be month, I just think we have reached a level of technologization that personalized everything is... well, everything.



Sincerely,




Tara Raffi

Personalized Enthusiast


--

No comments:

Post a Comment