Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Matchstick Message #11: Editing a signature should be reasonably possible

fromTara Raffi
toStudent Information Requests
dateWed, Oct 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM
subjectMatchstick Message #11: Editing a signature should be reasonably possible





Dear RIM,


We Berkeley students love our email signatures. They not only serve the function of providing great information, such as our phone number, on all emails, but also are usually healthy indicators of who we are and what we care about. But I don't have a signature on the emails I send out from my phone. Why? Because I just don't have the time to hunt around the Sprint website to figure out how to change it every time I change it on Google.


This may be different for different providers, but I know when I set it up with Sprint the first time, it was a pretty negative experience. And its just so random. Why is that the one setting for our phone that we need to go onto the website for? Does anybody even know about this? (I only found out because I was on the phone with BlackBerry customer service about once a day for the first two years as a User.)


On our BlackBerrys, we even have the capability of setting a semi-manual signature by going to Options>Owner. But you still have to type in "sig" every time you want it to show up. Why not just automatically insert it into the end of each email?


RIM, please make it a setting to automatically append our "sig" to the end of each email. And it should be somewhere more accessible than it is now from an external website or in the depths of our general Options. Gmail has it on the first page of their settings.



Sincerely,




Tara Raffi

Signature Enthusiast


--

No comments:

Post a Comment